perjantai 23. elokuuta 2019

Where will I go? The 1st exchange year blog post!


Hi, my name is Iiris and soon you will get to follow my life as an Exchange student in southern France, the surroundings of Toulouse. I'm going on Rotary youth Exchange which means that I'll represent my Finnish host club and be hosted by local club, Rotary club de Colomiers. In the club, I’ll tell about my life in Finland and learn they’re lifestyle aswell. The district (it includes many clubs) and my club will organise some events with other exchange students, I can’t wait! I’ll (hopefully) become a part of my 2-4 host families where I’ll spend this 10 months. I’ll try to write down what I experience, learn and feel but I don’t promise to be very active! 😀 
I’ll be in Toulouse in 4 days!!! It feels so unreal, because I’ve planned and tried to prepare myself for so long and now it’s finally happening. I can tell you later about the whole application process if someone is interested in it. I was myself extremely late in applying but luckily, I get to go to that particular country where I’ve always wanted to move, France. Some people have been asking why I wanted to go on exchange and why I chose France. Well, I’ll tell you. Years ago, I got the idea about going on exchange talking with my dad about his exchange year in California. Last year it got stronger when we visited those places (the town, school and even his host brother). I think that an exchange year is a great way to get to invite reflection, find new points of view and perhaps even grow as a person 😀 First, I wasn’t sure where to go. I found Italy and some Latin America countries very appealing to me. I made the decision mostly because of the French language that I’ve been learning since 4th grade. I think it’s one of the most beautiful languages and also important in international cooperation so I want to master it. French culture is also very charming, villages are beautiful and food is delicious. I didn’t get to choose my district but I’m very happy that I end up in the warmth of southern France.  At this point, I’ve managed all the official affairs and talked a bit with my first and second host families. I only need to finish my pins and packing and say goodbye to my friends and family.  
I’ll go to a high school “LycĂ©e gĂ©nĂ©ral et technologique international Victor Hugo” by bus with my host sister Elena. The school days will probably be long but they’ll help me to learn the language so I don’t want to complain at all. I don’t know my school subjects yet but I’d love to learn Spanish, in addition to English and French.  
I’ll certainly miss my family, friends, Reina!! (my dog), TYK (my school), Finnish language and many other things, bread for example. I believe that all these will wait for me for ten months.  

Please leave a comment if there’s something you want to say or ask.  
À bientĂŽt! 
  • Iiris 

Ei kommentteja:

LÀhetÀ kommentti

EnsimmÀinen kuukausi- ihanaa elÀmÀÀ

Moikka! Oon ollut Ranskassa pian kuukauden ja on siksi aika kertoa, mitÀ on tapahtunut! EnsimmÀiset kaksi viikkoa o...